When it comes time for your family to consider and explore assisted living, it’s a good idea to have a list of questions and/or criteria ready beforehand. By doing so, you’ll end up with a comprehensive checklist of results from each senior care home to compare – so better informed decisions are made when the time comes. By only gathering brochures and handouts, comparisons are harder to make and information is less organized.
In addition to your questions addressing personal wants and needs, below are some you’ll also want answered:
1. What is the level of care provided?
2. What responsibilities or requirements will the resident and family be expected to fulfill?
3. What is the staff-to-resident ratio – during the day and night?
4. How are medical emergencies handled?
5. What is the experience and training level of the staff and is ongoing training required?
6. Request a list of the support/services and amenities included and what, if anything what will cost extra?
Our team is standing by to answer any questions you may have about the assisting living senior care we provide. Reach out to learn more and to schedule a tour of our home.